Thursday 1 January 2015

2015.. Dare to dream and change...!

Assalamulaikum,

Hey its new year !

Year 2014 had leaved me with many memorable moments which included joy, tears, struggle and pain. Recap of the year 2014, among the hallmarks events that occurred in my life were first, i registered into Master of Science program in Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM). Entering a Master program of different faculty and field from my Bachelor field was really a quite tough for me, also yes, Master has really different environment to adapt with.  Secondly, this year my beloved grandmother had passed away, and that forever will highlight my 2014. Al- fatihah.... 


To start 2015 by listing your hopes was not a bad idea. Through experiences, i just realized how precious ideas can be as they could came  into your mind in sudden, and if you not write it , it might possibly gone just like that...! 

2015 : Dream and change..


Master Study as The Top Priority

Of course, my master study will be my main focus of the year. Already in my 2nd semester and will entering 3rd semester on February and 4th semester on September this year, a full commitment into this is vital ! Moreover my first two semesters were not really productive as a lot of failure in the method approached (i am doing research base). But, i am still positive with my research and hopefully at the end of 2015 the progress is promising, so i can graduate on time!. A few aspects that i think i need to develop on  becoming a better Master student were as follow :-

1) Presentation skill - To admit that i am not a natural born talented speaker, presentation is always not an easy job for me. Need a lot of practices, i am planning to do a "mirror session". Every good speakers will recommended this session to improve our speaking skill. My strategy will be according to a few steps, start with "imitate", "script writing" and then "spontaneous".  

2) Writing skill- Master especially in research will need a good writing skill as we need to publish at least one research article, and then surely for our thesis writing. Writing is not that easy, especially when you not use to it. 

3) English language - To describe how important it is that i separated it from those two upside elements. English and always english will be use for any "intellectual communication". This again is not easy for someone like me who  wrote and presented my thesis in Bahasa Melayu during Bachelor years, or even updating status in Fb, twitter and blog in Bahasa Melayu. My English was actually quite terrible! As to counter i will read a lot of english material books and to start writing in English in any of my personal page., which explain why this post youre reading now is in English! haha.


Iqra : Read , Analyze and Explore      

To got into Master program gave me another opportunities to to keep learning and explore many new things especially in academic and research world. Other than to master your own field, I believe that I should also need to take an effort to read and analyse of the other fields of study so that our idea will be more broaden and comprehensive. And 2014 was quite an achievement for me, as I managed to train myself into a "reading habit", this habit really opened up my enthusiasm into various of reading materials. Reading will expend the world you see, really. As my inspiration, I really adore Islamic scholar like Ibnu Sina which not only well-known for his medicine work, but also give quite significant thought on philosophy and Islamic study. So few fields that i will look into :-

1) Biochemistry - Settling the unsettle business! to admit that i have a bachelor degree in biochemistry was quite embarrassing, as i am not that knowledgeable in this field in extend to meet people expectation. my grade was disaster, dont even ask...! haha. So, i am planning to finish up reading few text books regarding the subjects (hopefully..), thing that I should already did during my degree... aish.. thus It will remain beneficial. 

2)  Philosophy - Philosophy is one of the early subject that discussed in civilization. It is quite interesting to learn it especially from the expert. In our country, we have a big name like Prof. Syed Naquib al Attas, really look into to study this subject with him.

3)  Economy - GST, Fuel , subsidy rationalization, hiking prices of items, houses and cars. Well you know why this subject is important not to be neglected.

4)  Memorizing Quran - Quite shy to put this one on the list, but this has already listed in my wishing list since forever. But, the progress was ....bad. I managed to stayed consistent only for a month or two, last year of practicing "Kaedah Jibril" which suitable for commoner forgetful people like me. As been warned by the founder of this technique Ustaz Asraff Ayob al-Hafiz in his book , the real challenge in memorizing Quran is to stay consistent and to keep on repeating of what you already memorized. As i have not practice the memorizing for a long time, i do not know when to start back. 2015? hurm. 


Travelling and Learn from surrounding

I hope that I can travel some interesting places where I can learn something through the journey. I never been oversea before, and really excited for my first trip to Sumatera Barat , hometown of one of my inspiration, Buya Hamka on February. 


Get Involve Actively in NGOs/ Humanitarian 

I always giving excuses to not get involve "actively" into this kind of things last year. NGOs/Humanitarian is important platform for us to giving back to society and learn through the society. 

Stay Fit and Healthy

I have gains few kilos last year because of many reasons, mostly i think because of "office-working style" in Usim. In  2015, will make sure more sweaty and sporty. 


  
Reading through all the points I stated , I am actually can  not help myself to doubt whether it can be achieve or not. An advise for myself and dear readers, do not depend on spirit, as spirit will definitely faded through failure and time, but one thing that help you to continue strive for your success is discipline!, or more exact word to describe is Mujahadah !. Please pray for me, remind me when im not in the right track. How yours ? 

Till then,

Will review this back when 2015 ended. must be interesting  =)




*sorry for my language. *

    


     

          
   


  






      

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...